Week 21 Countdown to Christmas

 

It’s hard to believe yet another week has gone speeding past and bringing us ever closer to Christmas. Santa Claus will be here in just under 5 weeks .  

I hope you all getting ready for your Christmas Sleigh evening , or days at Supermarkets and Town Centres doing your Christmas collections .

This year I’ve asked Family and friends not to send or post Christmas Cards. The cost of the cards and postage, like everything else, just seems to increase year on year, and those increases do make a difference. The price of a card and postage could pay for another child to receive the inoculation against Polio, now that would make a difference. Please think about donating to Polio. 

This week I attended a couple of meetings with youth organisations and the highlight of this week was a very pleasant evening spent in the company of President Tony and the lovely Rotarians, friends, and family of  The Rotary Club of Barrow in Furness. 

We had a lovely meal, listened to a fantastic speaker and I was able to chat with Rotarians from the Club. Barrow is a really active Club heavily involved in the community along with  their many International projects . Well done and Happy Birthday to the Rotary Club of Barrow in Furness, on their 90th Year of Celebrations.

This was another late night for me, in fact I’m not sure I actually got to bed , or closed my eyes, before getting up early for another children’s clothes sale, this time in Slyne, Lancaster. The morning was another successful sale, and we are now nearing the end of this venture. 

I can’t wait for the day I can invite our donor Sally to present cheques to Larry Branyon,  for  District Polio; Patricia Hogarth for Ukraine funding and Linda Lambson from Carnforth Rotary to be able to purchase vouchers for Families and people in need who need our support over Christmas. I will mention these to you in my next post as they will be open to the district.. Each will receive a cheque for £1000 from the sale of the children’s clothes donated by Sally. 

It’s been hard few weeks but we’ll worth it and this money has the potential to make such a difference to the lives of many people. 

Sunday morning I attended a great meeting with the E Rotary Club in Sydney, what a great bunch of people, all who are active in their communities.

This week I’m looking forward to my visit to Rossendale Rotary Club and the Young Musician competition that Carnforth hold this Friday 

Thank you to each and every Rotarian in District 1190 for the time and effort you spend making a difference in Your communities. I am so proud of all that you do and achieve, it is an honour and privilege to be your District Governor this year.

That’s all for now folks, TTFN

 

Popular posts from this blog

Kath's Ramblings