Weeks 25 - 34 Into the New Year

On the 12th January I had the great pleasure of attending a lunch time meeting with the Rotary club of Keswick which included a number of Bassenthwaite members.

We had a lovely lunch at The Skiddaw hotel what a nice place to have a meeting . The amount of working both these clubs are involved in including warm places , community meetings and food collections is amazing The friendship and fellowship between the clubs is heartwarming and it was lovely to meet many members and share our thoughts.

I attended Leyland Rotary Charter night , my home town . It was lovely to be able to spend the evening with them and listen to the beautiful voice of Rachel Mercer, a great friend of my home club Carnforth. The evening was so relaxing and they had a great atmosphere. I felt as though I was back home for a night.

I’ve  got to share with you my next event. A morning Mental Health Conference organised by Cockermouth Club . The whole event was well organised , had some inspirational speakers, people who suffered from Mental Health issues and shared their own personal journeys , how brave they were and these are all role models to others. I honestly was blown away with the whole event . I think that every rotary club.  Or groups of rotary clubs need to follow this example it was humbling to be in the company of the speakers . 

The Mental Health made me come back to my own club and share with others. Well done Cockermouth , please, please , put this on the showcase as it’s a brilliant example of work

On Saturday the 4th February I took another trip to Cockermouth but this time it was to District Young Musician. Wow, they were all winners, some amazing young musicians we certainly have some very talented young people in our District , I could not have been a judge with this event. Very well done to them all and especially Dawn and Anthony who work hard to organise these competitions .

Following on from this I had the pleasure of attending Young Chef at the Lakes school. Again this competition brought young people together who were very talented . The young people got £22 budget to make a three course meal and gosh the meals looked 5* and the smell was enough to make anybody want to book a table .

Now looking forward to District Conference and working hard to make sure people enjoy the event. If you haven’t booked yet but would like to come , please speak to Larry Branyan I’m sure there will be just s few places left.

Please could I ask that all clubs look at their Club Officers and work towards putting names onto RCC. If you are struggling Gil Riley is always willing to help any club.

Popular posts from this blog

Kath's Ramblings